Thank you for choosing an authentic Parise.
Now you belong to each other.
You have just purchased a small work of art and as such it is precious, delicate and available in limited pieces.
The bag you are touching embodies an ancient knowledge transferred by skilled hands, and a patient workmanship, and is entirely created in Italy.
Each bag is born from the weaving of 0.9 cm leather strips thanks to an ancient 1700s wooden treadle, used to make sumptuous tapestries for Venetian nobles.
Only very few people are able to use these treadle looms and our craftsmen, with experience, weave these thin strips with cotton threads dyed the same color as the leather. The result, as you can see, is similar to a soft fabric.
Then, Parise bags are subjected to specific processes that the best leather craftsmen of Veneto perform meticulously by hand, paying extreme attention to details and finishes.
And that's why now you have something precious in your hands, full of details and authentic imperfections that increase its value, celebrating its highly artisanal nature.
Each bag is unique, like the person who will wear it.
How you can take care of your Parise
Like ancient knowledge, even Parise bags can be handed down over time. Taking care of it and preserving it from harm is the key to keeping your bag beautiful and unaltered. Like any living material, however, it needs love and some little care.
Here's how you can take care of it:
- The leather used both for the weaving and for the smooth parts of leather (such as handles, pocket finishes, etc.) is 100% Cow Leather, treated in compliance with the requirements of the REACH regulation and concentrations of chemicals required by law (eg Cr, Vi, Ni, Pb, etc.). These is a delicate leather and, for this reason, it is necessary to avoid contact with high heat sources, direct light and grease.
- We advise you to avoid contact with light-colored clothing which could - in rare cases - stain with the "carniccio" (back part) of the leather, when visible.
- While being very durable, the non-synthetic nature of the cotton yarn makes this weave vulnerable to sharp and pointed objects. It is therefore of fundamental importance to avoid contact with objects that can cut the cotton thread. Be careful not to pull the threads: loosening the cotton warp and weft will make the yarn more vulnerable.
- Due to its characteristic weave, the bag could be damaged by the use of all those substances for the treatment of leather on the market. In order to revive the leather you can simply use a delicate body cream, applied only to the leather surface (not on the cotton yarn!) with a thin brush and/or cotton swab.However, we recommend you to check that the treatment does not cause any damage, by testing a small hidden part of the bag and waiting 24 hours.
Questions about the ordinary maintenance of the bag
If you have any doubts in routine maintenance or if you have inadvertently tampered with the structure or texture of the bag, contact our Customer Service at this email address email@example.com.
We will be happy to give you a hand, but to ensure we can fix any damage, please check that the following instructions have been respected:
- The bag must not have been previously given for repair to a shoemaker or other leather operator.
- One or more cotton threads used for the woven fabric must not have been cut voluntarily.
- One or more cotton threads used for the façon of the bag must not have been cut voluntarily.
- The bag must not have obviously been exposed to sharp objects that have compromised the woven fabric, irremediably cutting the cotton threads that form the weft and warp of the fabric itself.
- The bag must not have obviously been exposed to sharp objects that have compromised the surface of the smooth parts (eg handles).
- Our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org was not promptly informed as soon as one or more weft and warp threads have been pulled and loosened, making the yarn itself more vulnerable.
- The bag must not have been cleaned and/or treated with substances other than those indicated and in the ways highlighted (by testing a small piece in a hidden area of the bag).
- The bag must not have been entrusted to an operator for industrial or manual cleaning of the leather, who has not respected the above instructions for cleaning the bag.
- If, once a first break in the cotton yarn has been verified, the Customer Service is not immediately informed at email@example.com, expecting such a worsening of the unthreading of the weaving that makes the bag irreparable.